Just in case you missed it, you might want to check out our recent blog series with Biblical language expert Justin Alfred. Justin walked us through the Hebrew language and grammar found in a well-known psalm, Psalm 23, and showed us how to mine some rich theological truths among its lines.
Here are the posts from the series:
- Introduction: Who is Justin Alfred? (part one & part two)
- Psalm 23:1 – Yahweh the Shepherd and His Perfect Provision
- Psalm 23:2 – The Shepherd’s Faithfulness in Bringing Us to the End of Ourselves
- Psalm 23:3 – The Shepherd’s Faithfulness in Restoring and Guiding Us
- Psalm 23:4 – Fear in Life and the Comfort of the Lord
- Psalm 23:5 – The Shepherd’s Provision and Anointing
- Psalm 23:6 – The Sheperd’s Love Never Fails
Beginning next week, Justin will teach us about the “emphatic negations” found in the original languages and what they mean, practically speaking, for us today. Our CEO Jim Milligan provided an introduction to this new series, including why he is particularly excited about it.
We pray and hope it is a blessing to you!