Welcome to the official Blue Letter Bible blog.
Check in each weekday for updated posts from the Blue Letter Bible ministry team.
Why a blog?
In today’s information age—the world of Web 2.0—the average Net user spends 13 hours online per week1. That’s a lot of time! And in this emerging culture of Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and other social media, we have new ways to share, learn, and interact with each other.
There are ups and downs to this. As we all know, the internet bears a plethora of mixed messages: some obvious, some subliminal, some good, some bad, some funny, some informative, some wise, some foolish. Amidst this flood of messages, we want to join the ranks of many faithful ministries in making sure the message of the Bible—the gospel of Jesus Christ—is the message that sticks.
Thus, at Blue Letter Bible we want to continue serving Jesus faithfully by promoting sound doctrine, the study of God’s Word, a biblical worldview, the edification of His church, and the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What to expect
To this end, Blue Letter Bible: The Blog will be updated every weekday providing you with:
- Tips and tools to maximize the fruitfulness of your study at Blue Letter Bible
- Regular news updates about Blue Letter Bible’s ministry
- Biblical commentaries, devotionals, and other resources
- Regular articles on theology and doctrine
- Articles highlighting martyrs, missionaries, and theologians (past and present)
- Cultural commentary from a Biblical perspective
- Links to ‘the best of the best’ content from other ministry websites that we find helpful
- Book giveaways and other fun gifts from our ministry
Like all blogs, part of what makes this work is you. We welcome your thoughts and comments! (see comments policy in the left sidebar)
[UPDATE: Contest closed. Winner will be notified via e-mail Friday, February 4.]
And speaking of book giveaways, what better way is there to celebrate a blog launch than to give something away?
One of you will receive a free $25 gift certificate to the Blue Letter Bible bookstore. Here’s how you can enter:
Do at least one of the following:
- Subscribe to the blog’s RSS feed
- Follow us on Twitter and send the following tweet:
“Check out the new @blueletterbible blog! http://blb.sc/00009X”
- Add us on Facebook and post a link on your wall
As soon as you’re done, leave a comment and let me know which one(s) you did. If you do all three, you will be entered three times, increasing your chances of winning.
A winner will be picked at random, 12:00 noon tomorrow.
Thank you, friends. We’ll see you out there on the blogosphere!